Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Update... Woops!

So it's been... two weeks? Since I last posted. Updates on the biphasic experiment!

Firstly, I am still sleeping biphasically. That being said, once university starts in a week and a half I am almost 100% positive I will switch back to monophasic sleep.

Why?

Plainly, biphasic sleep leaves you more tired. I can function fine as a normal human being sleeping biphasically, but I have found that higher level thinking (which will be very much needed in my all 400-level class schedule this upcoming semester) does not come as easily, and I am not as "sharp" as I am while sleeping monophasically. Meaning that my mindless drivel-ridden retail job can be done fine while on biphasic sleep but dealing with super stressful situations or engaging your brain for long periods of time is less productive than what my previous monophasic self could have handled.

Despite all this, I can say that I have become addicted to waking up early. My new planned schedule is to get up at 6am each morning, a suggestion that previously would have prompted hysterical laughter rather than serious consideration.

Conclusion: Worth a try! Even if you decide not to keep it, alternative sleeping habits are most definitely an experiment you should consider. If I ever have several weeks of time that hold nothing important, I will seriously ponder trying out even more extreme forms of non-monophasic sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment