Thursday, August 19, 2010

Switching Over: Day Three

I definitely found the sweet spot when I woke up this morning. I was physically tired, but it was easier to drag myself out of bed and I was mentally sharper throughout the day. It's only three days in, but I am already a FIRM believer in planning your sleep schedule around 90 minute increments. Regardless of how you sleep, the 90 minute schedule works, folks.

I had difficulty falling asleep for my nap, and in my genius state of alertness I set my alarm for 5:30pm instead of 6:30 (my nap starts at 5) so my lovely sleep was rudely interrupted by the alarm prematurely, meaning that I was pulled out of deep sleep when my nap ended. Naturally, this did not help my grogginess.

Logged effects.

Appetite: Pretty much the same as yesterday. Some increase, but not crazily so.

Eyes: I realized today that 90% of my eye strain comes from the fact that there is a problem with my new eye glass prescription. I switched to my old glasses and my eyes felt tremendously better after only 20 minutes. My eyes are still tired, but I'm guessing a day or two with my old glasses until I fix my new ones will help both redness and focusing issues.

Difficulty Sleeping: It took me a while to fall asleep for my nap. As I write this (11:15pm) I'm still holding my energy so I hope I don't have difficulty sleeping tonight.

Fatigue/Tiredness: Continued mild amounts on both scores. I think today was a slight improvement over yesterday, but it could be wishful thinking. I did notice that I had more moments of energy than yesterday, but it was up-and-down with wanting to sleep.

Productivity: Not much to report here either. Tomorrow will be a better judge of this since I work all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment